Sunday, October 30, 2016

Outside the Beltway

A few weeks ago Gloria Borger on CNN said “We don’t want to re-litigate that.”  At the time I thought some of us do.

I moved inside the Beltway in 1968.  I came from Madison, Wisconsin, a liberal city in a conservative state.  I remember thinking of Alexandria, Virginia, as the location where a member of the American Nazi party lived.

I moved outside the beltway in 1997.  With the Monica Lewinski scandal and Bush vs Gore in 2000, my ABC Nightly News was almost the same as when I was inside the Beltway.
Outside the Beltway has two parts
:
1.       Inside the US

2.       Outside the US

Inside the US/Outside the Beltway may have litigated along with Inside the Beltway.  Some people, particularly conservatives, may well want to re-litigate lots of stuff.

Outside the US/Outside the Beltway did not litigate along with Inside the Beltway.  Inside the Beltway people tend to forget that.


No comments:

Post a Comment