Saturday, January 10, 2015

Counter Terrorism

Benjamin Netanyahu was the first to exploit George W. Bush's counter-terrorism definition.  Joe Biden has assisted BO in exploiting it much more.

Just following Orders was not adequate defense for the Nazis.
 
In the best of all worlds
, Dick Cheney would not have prodded George W. into invading Iraq.  George W. Bush was/is a "born again" Christian.  He and Tony Blair shared some vision/fear of the Moslem Hordes.  Norman Podaretz, founder of Commentary, came around to the position that the Arab - Israeli peace process was "fatally flawed".

Religious fundamentalists do not get along with each other very well.  I found the book Stealing Jesus to be informative and accurate.  I belong to a people of the Book.  My brother is a retired Methodist minister.  My father-in-law is a retired Methodist minister.  I used to have Jewish neighbors and I have led a Sunday School Class in Florida.  We shared the presentation responsibilities.  I gave the presentations of Islam, twice.

Bush's wetback Attorney General was the one who decided it is OK for us to torture.  Until this guy, the answer to the "hypothetical" was, in Hugo Black's words "Of course we would but we can never say that!"  My view is that we should have to rely on a trial by peers to show us mercy.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment